Sliced for sandwiches or torn to dunk in soups and stews, Coles Bakery Batards add a hit of flavour to your meals. Made in Australia, the sourdough breads are stone baked for a crisp crust. Packed with kalamata olives for a classic Mediterranean taste, the Olive batard is great with antipasto, while real parmesan and fried onion make the Parmesan & Onion batard
irresistible with salads and chargrilled meats.
Plus, look out for the new Potato & Chive batard, coming soon to a Coles in-store bakery near you. With its soft fluffy centre, it tastes like a jacket potato with the delicate flavour of chives. Serve it warm and buttered with casseroles and soups.
To find your nearest in-store bakery, go to coles.com.au.
Treat the family to these un-believe-ably delicious new donut! Australian made and hand-dipped, Coles Bakery Indulgent Donuts come in a box of four great flavours (as chosen by our customers)!
- Passionfruit: A holiday in a donut, this has a tangy passionfruit filling, tropical fondant topping and crushed meringue finish.
- Strawberry: Featuring a luscious strawberry filling, this donut is finished with berry-flavoured fondant, desiccated coconut and mini marshmallows.
- Choc: This donut is filled with rich, velvety choc ganache and topped with choc fondant and choc flakes.
- Caramel: Our favourite – a thick caramel filling, this has a fun topping of caramel fondant and popcorn.
Look out for them in the Bakery section of your local Coles or buy online at shop.coles.com.au.
It’s the cooking method that makes bagels wonderfully moist, dense and chewy on the inside, and crispy on the outside. Slowly-fermented yeast dough is formed into donut shapes, then carefully boiled before baking. Our Bakery team are excited to introduce three new varieties of bagels prepared in the time honoured tradition to make the perfect base for a tasty brunch or lunch.
Try them with our simple filling ideas:
- Plain Bagels Split bagels and spread cut sides with capsicum dip. Fill with rocket leaves, thinly sliced pastrami, sliced field tomato, cucumber and gherkins.
- Multigrain Bagels Split bagels and spread the cut sides with cream cheese mixed with chopped fresh dill and chopped preserved lemon or finely grated lemon rind. Fill with thinly sliced red onion, mixed leaves and smoked salmon.
- Raisin & Cinnamon Bagels Split bagels and toast. Top each half with fresh ricotta mixed with a little vanilla extract, sliced banana and drizzle with maple syrup.
This week our Bakery team are excited to introduce Brioche Slider Buns to the range. Available in a pack of 8 (so plenty to share), these French-style brioche buns are made with 100% Aussie flour & butter.
Ideal for mini burgers, load them up with Coles Mini Angus Beef Burgers from the meat department for a quick & tasty treat. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, the Brioche slider buns are also great for desserts. Try them sandwiched with a scoop of creamy ice-cream (we used our decadent peanut butter ice cream).
Just when you thought Coles famous cupcakes couldn’t get any better, Red Velvet, Sticky Date and Cookies & Cream Cupcakes have gone from delicious to sublime!
Our Bakery team has done a little recipe tweak here and there and the result is pure cupcake heaven. Not to be outdone, Coles Loaf Cakes have also had a makeover. With must-try Zesty Lemon, and sumptuous Spicy Carrot – you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to a casual morning or afternoon tea, or anytime you feel like a pick-me-up treat.
Good News, our Coles Brand team and Bakers came away from the recent Royal Hobart Fine Food Awards with a whopping 72 medals, including the prestigious Industry Champion Bread award for our Stone Baked Pane Di Casa.
The Royal Hobart Fine Food Show is a highly regarded event held every year and is designed to bring together and award all the finest foods from across the country. In particular well done to our Coles Meadow Mews team who produced 18 winning products. Click on the images below to view some of our award-winners.
So next time you’re looking for a tasty lunch solution or bakery treat, keep an eye out for our award winners.
Have you heard the news? We’ve launched a limited edition range of mini filled donuts. With new flavours arriving all the time, when they’re gone, they’re gone!
Right now, head in store to try the delicious Coles Bakery Salted Caramel Filled Mini Donuts. Perfect for sharing, these lovely bite-sized donuts are dusted with icing sugar and filled with buttery salted caramel. The good news is, they’re also free from artificial colours and flavours.