Add a special touch to your festive table with homemade Christmas Crackers. Christmas crackers or bonbons make a fun and easy craft activity to share with the kids, plus you can personally match the novelty gifts and jokes to your guests!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Variety of Coles Noel Collection Christmas Cards
- Plain white paper, cut to 30cm x 25cm
- Cardboard rolls (from bathroom tissue)
- Bonbon snaps (available from craft shops)
- Double-sided tape
- Coles Noel Collection
- Christmas Chewy Toffees
- Variety of Coles Noel Collection
- Christmas Ribbon
- Coles Noel Collection
- Christmas Wrapping Paper, cut into strips
How to make them:
- Cut out images from the Christmas cards to decorate each bonbon.
- At one end of a sheet of paper, lay 3 rolls across the longer side with a bonbon snap. At the opposite side place some double-sided tape.
- Fill the middle cardboard roll with toffees then roll firmly to encase in paper and fasten with the double-sided tape.
- Pull each end cardboard roll out a little. Holding the middle roll, gently twist the paper and secure with ribbon. Remove end rolls.
- Use double-sided tape to attach Christmas cut-outs and wrapping paper strips.
For more simple homemade gift ideas, check out our latest Coles Christmas Magazine.
This week we are excited to introduce three new look stores. Complete with Barista-made Lavazza coffee bars with free Wi-Fi, dry aged beef and kitchens with freshly prepared pizza and sushi – this is the new and exciting face of shopping at Coles Bondi Westfield, Broadway & Balgowlah!
Shoppers can sit at a café and browse recipes on iPads while sipping a latte, or slip a takeaway coffee into a trolley cup holder and browse the aisles! Along with fresh pizza, sushi and sandwiches being prepared from the big and bold kitchen area, there’s a wider range of health and international foods to help make Coles a one-stop shopping destination. Customers can even select pieces of meat to be aged in a cabinet for 21 days, or get their fish marinated so it’s ready to pop in the oven when they get home.
Click on the images below to see some of the features. We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below… What features do you love and what would you like to see in your local Coles?
These jolly little strawberry Santas are sure to bring a smile. Not only are they deliciously cute, they’re also easy to make. Simply click play and we’ll show you how.
Go sugar free naturally this Christmas with Norbu Natural Sweetener. 100% natural, only 0.5 calories per serve and free from artificial colours or flavours, it’s the perfect complement to your cooking and baking this festive season. From cookies to cakes and truffles, simply use as a spoon-for-spoon substitute in your favourite baking recipes.
The good news continues as Norbu is also low GI, low carbs, tooth friendly and fructose free, making it perfect for diabetics or those seeking to manage their weight
Available in a 200g canister, look out for Norbu in the grocery section of your local Coles or buy online at coles.com.au. For sugar free Christmas recipe ideas, visit sweeterlifeclub.com.
Mr & Mr Puddings on NSWs Central Coast don’t mind being called old fashioned. It’s the reason they win so many awards. They take pride in crafting their handmade puddings the traditional way, using 100 per cent Australian vine fruit, local free range eggs, Australian butter and a splash of oak barrel ages in Barossa Valley brandy.
Each pudding is wrapped in calico, boiled in coppers then hung for a period of maturing. It’s a method as old as the hills but as its makers like to say, the proof is in their pudding…
For more information on our delicious Coles Finest range, visit coles.com.au
Our Australian landscape produces some of the finest, premium quality ingredients, chosen to go into our Coles Finest range.
Whether it’s olive growers cold pressing the first olives of the season or traditional cheese makers hand wrapping their delicacies in cloth for ageing, all the Coles Finest producers share three common factors – a love of food, a respect for tradition and an unwavering demand for quality.
And the proof is in the eating.
This month, Gourmet Traveller and Coles Finest have collaborated to bring delicious Australian products to you. Developed by the food editors at Gourmet Traveller, three delicious snacks have been created for you to sample on us.
1. Coles Finest Australian free-range leg ham atop char-grilled sourdough with apple slaw and mustard dressing
2. Coles Finest Tasmanian hot- and cold-smoked salmon, cured in Demerara sugar and beech wood-smoked, is the star of a delicate salad of shaved fennel, peas and buttermilk dressing
3. Gourmet Traveller’s sugar-dusted donuts offered with one of 3 delicious fillings;
•Coles Finest blood-orange marmalade
•Coles Finest raspberry jam; or
•Coles Finest red-gum honey.
The Coles Finest food truck, brought to you by Gourmet Traveller, hits the streets of Sydney and Melbourne with these complimentary dishes in December.
- Tuesday, 3 December; 11-3pm; Metcalfe Park, Trouton Place, Pyrmont
- Wednesday, 4 December; 11-3pm; Ultimo Pedestrian Network, Ultimo (behind the ABC building)
- Thursday, 5 December; 11-3pm; Parramatta Church St Mall (next to Parramatta Town Hall)
- Friday, 6 December; 11-3pm; Overseas Passenger Terminal, Circular Quay (between Cruise Bar and MCA)
- Thursday, 12 December; 11-3pm; Southbank Spillway (Crown side of the bridge)
- Friday, 13 December; 11-3pm; Federation Square, Swanston Street
- Saturday, 14 December; 11-3pm; Luna Park Forecourt (near corner of Acland St and Carlisle St)
- Sunday, 15 December; 11-3pm; Pier Lawn, St Kilda (directly opposite St Kilda Pier)
The Laucke name is synonymous with high quality flour and exceptional mixes. Home Bakers Australia wide trust Laucke’s Mixes for making all kinds of bread, and flour based products. The family owned company, now in it’s fourth generation was established when Friedrich Laucke acquired his first flour mill in South Australia’s Barossa Valley in 1899. The current generations of the Laucke family continue Friedrich’s original promise of quality, service and integrity.
The range of bread mixes from Laucke are second to none. They give you the opportunity to create quality bread at home whether by bread machine, mixer or by hand.
German Grain is a hearty loaf with the taste and goodness of the Laucke tradition. It produces a crusty, full flavoured, rich and dark loaf with a variety of cereal grains including Rye, Maize and Linseed. The nutritional value of this wholesome bread is made available by cracking, splitting and crushing the whole grains provided in the loaf. Laucke German Grain may be a recipe from a bygone era, but the flavour, goodness and wellbeing it provides has never changed.
Golden Wholemeal is a nourishing wholegrain loaf that’s full of texture and flavour with all the benefits of Bio-Fort Selenium. Eating a range of natural whole grains promotes vitality and wellbeing and can help protect against disease. Wholemeal has the goodness of the grain and is rich in Dietary Fibre.
Barossa Sour Dough celebrates the pioneer heritage of the famous Barossa Valley in South Australia and this mix produces a soft textured and very attractive creamy-tan coloured loaf. It captures the flavour and aroma of traditional fermented sourdough and artisan white rye breads.
Find the range of Laucke bread mixes in store or online at Coles